Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Seeing the results on a DEP-enabled iPad, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- With all of our hard work on the backend done,…now we get to see the effect of all of that work…on a new iPad that's fresh, out-of-the-box,…straight from Apple manufacturing.…This is a Device Enrollment Program-Enabled iPad.…Here's the box we got from Apple.…And as we arrived here at lynda.com with this device,…this did not get opened…until we were done recording.…Here is our iPad out-of-the-box…and ready to be turned on for the first time.…
As we turn it on you see exactly…what you would normally see in an iPad…that you had gotten from retail…or from anywhere else.…You'll see your "Hello" screen,…your language selection…and your location information,…just select in your country or region…just like you normally would.…Now we come to a very important stage.…If you followed our instructions…and set up an open Wi-Fi network…it will look like the one that's named…Rincone here in our video.…When you select it will simply go to the network,…put a checkmark there and click Next.…
If you don't have an open network…then your network will look more like this…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.