Once you have decided on your course layout, and have added all of the necessary files, resources, and assignments you are ready to publish your course. Once you publish your course, any students who you have invited will be able to accept the invite, access the course and begin communicating inside of the forum.
- [Voiceover] We're almost ready to publish our course…and make it available to our students.…Now, in a real scenario, I would probably…add more things to my course and have it done up…a little bit better, but for the sake of this course,…we've looked at most of the features…and we're ready to publish the course.…Before we publish it, we wanna double check a couple things.…First, on the left sidebar, I wanna click on the Syllabus.…Let's take a look if our assignments…have registered in the syllabus.…Remember, in the beginning of the course,…we added the content that's right now…in the syllabus.…
However, we said that it will constantly evolve…as we add assignments.…Now, if I scroll to the bottom, I can see…a list of these assignments that were generated…as we created them, so I didn't enter…any of these into the syllabus manually.…We can see here that there are ones…with due dates, and below that, there are others…that do not have due dates.…We have here quiz one, the genetics video reflection.…We can click on those and it'll bring us…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.