Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing app purchases in Meraki for distribution, part of iPads in Education: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- Alright, we have our users…and we have our licensed applications.…Let's put the two together.…The easiest way to install a license…or to invite a user to use a license for an app…is to simply click on the link for that app,…click the checkbox for the user,…and click Grant License to a user.…And here you can see…I've already done that for this account…and it has a little checkmark with a Yes next to it.…It succeeded and we're all solid.…Once that is completed,…if you later want to revoke that license…from a user account,…you can click the Revoke License from users.…
It gives you a warning that says that…"Apple provides users with a 30 day grace period…"before reclaimed apps are removed…"from the user's purchase history."…What this is gonna do is…it'll leave the app on the device for a period of time.…The user, if they try to use the app on the device…once it's been revoked,…will be prompted to purchase the app,…if it's a paid app.…And if it's a free app.…So, they will need to reacquire the license on their own,…but the plus side of this is…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.