Once you have completed the course on the Canvas learning management system, it is your turn to begin exploring the layout and functionality of the platform. Your next steps should be to create a course and explore the different features and functions that are available to you. Use this powerful resource to transform your course and provide blended learning to students.
- [Voiceover] Thank you for watching…Up and Running with Canvas.…I hope this learning management system will prove…to be a great tool in helping your students succeed.…As you move forward with Canvas,…find ways to engage students both inside…and outside of the school…and work to personalize the learning experience.…Canvas also provides the tools and resources…to adopt the concepts of the flipped classroom,…where students gain knowledge outside the classroom…and then spend class time enhancing…and mastering that knowledge.…For more information on the flipped classroom,…check out the book Flipping 2.0 by author Jason Bretzmann…or check out Flipping the Classroom with Aaron Quigley,…here on lynda.com.…
Learning management systems such as Canvas…have the tools needed to make personalized learning…a reality in the classroom.…Continue to find ways that Canvas can help you…innovate your classroom and maximize student learning.…Edtech is a growing and dynamic field.…Be sure to keep up to date with the latest trends…through social media sites like Twitter.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.