The Canvas learning management system (LMS) is a powerful and intuitive platform. It is important to understand the look and layout of Canvas in order to take advantage of its many features and functions. Explore the user profile, dashboard, global navigation bar, course navigation bar, and other elements of this innovative learning management system.
- [Voiceover] Before we setup our account in Canvas,…let's take a look at its well organized…and easy to navigate interface.…I think this will help you to understand…what it is that we'll be creating…as we continue through this course.…Now, in order to give you a brief interview…of the interface,…I'm going to login to a Canvas account…that I already have created.…I'll login, and as you can see,…it brings us to our dashboard.…Now, on the dashboard,…we have these different cards…that represent courses we've created.…We could click on one of the courses,…and it will bring us there,…but right away, on the dashboard,…we do have access to announcements for the course,…we have access to discussions,…as well as files.…
From the course,…we can hit the edit button and rename the course…for it nickname,…or even change the color to make this…a little bit more organized,…and once we do that,…let's say I want to switch this to a light blue,…I'll click apply,…and now we've changed that card.…Now, within the dashboard we can also go to the button…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.