Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing devices without deploying apps, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- In this chapter, we're going to cover…some edge cases that don't directly apply…to the way we're doing management in this course,…but certainly might be a way that you would want…to manage devices or do other things…that we didn't talk about.…So in this movie, we are going…to talk about MDM without application distribution.…And what that basically means is when you want…to do the management of the device…and you don't really care about the apps or the app load,…you're going to just let your users…take care of that for themselves.…It's a good idea if you want something like, for example,…to push out a wireless network profile…and you want to do it without user interaction,…and your users have their own apps,…they've got their own iOS devices,…it's not completely bring your own device maybe,…but you're leaving a lot of autonomy…out there for your users and you want…to do management to enable some features…to make it easier for them to go about their lives…without having to do some device configuration on their own.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.