Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking Device Enrollment Program (DEP) to MDM, part of iPads in Education: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- In this next step, we're going to connect…the Device Enrollment Program…to your MDM solution here at Meraki.…We're going to start here,…in the Organization MDM area,…and we're going to scroll down…to Apple Device Enrollment Program.…First step, and this is really…very, very easy to follow along,…we just click down here,…and we download the Public Key…from Meraki,…that's going to go into our Downloads folder,…then we're going to upload that Public Key…to Apple.…
This is basically just exchanging a…kind of a handshake, if you will,…an SSL certificate-based encryption…between the two servers,…so that we can establish that Meraki can trust…the deployment program…and the deployment program can trust Meraki.…And that your devices can trust both of them.…So, let's move on to the Deployment Programs…portion of this.…We've already downloaded the certificate.…I'm going to click on this tab over here…which takes us to Deployment Programs,…which we've seen before in prior movies.…
Once your password is entered,…and your account is entered, hit the Sign In.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.