Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to Meraki MDM, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- When you first sign in…to the Meraki MDM System Manager,…you're presented with this screen.…A client list.…But there are no managed clients…and it tells you to add Mac or Windows devices,…and we're adding iOS devices,…and you won't even add devices in this screen.…So, it's kind of an odd place to start.…Instead, let's start over here on the left hand side…in this column where you've got sections in bold…and then items listed below them,…and we'll talk about what each of these are…just in sort of a tour.…If you look to the left,…you'll notice that some of these options are in bold…and some beneath the bold segments are not,…and we're gonna look at the bold sections first.…
Here you're going to see Monitor, MDM,…Configure, Organization, and Help.…Under the Monitor heading,…you can monitor clients…that have already been added to the system,…look at a map of client locations in the real world,…activate Remote Desktop...…Not on iPads of course,…Remote Desktop doesn't exist on iPads.…And then you have an Event log,…which is going to be your first step…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.