Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Hardware options for in-class iPad charging, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- In this video, we'll talk about your options…for charging your iPads in the classroom.…You're either going to let the kids…take their 1:1 devices home overnight…so they can do homework on their devices,…a strategy I highly recommend,…or you will keep the devices in the classroom overnight…to secure them…and to keep them from being stolen…or being the source of a potential security threat…to your students as they're walking home.…If the device goes home overnight,…the child is responsible for charging the device at home.…
This tends to be about as successful…as getting kids to do their homework, right?…Everyone has the best intentions…but not everyone always comes through.…As a result, regardless of…which of the two models you choose,…you will be charging iPads in the classroom.…So how do you do this?…Charging an iPad is really easy.…You plug it in to the USB charging port on a wall…or USB adaptor…and then the other end of…what is going to be a lightning connector,…on all recent model iPads,…until charging is done.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.