The Canvas learning management system allows you to create, upload, and store different files. There are three main types of files in side of Canvas including peronal files, course files, and group files. Personal files can are ones that only the user of the account can access, whereas course files and group files can be shared with the respective students.
- [Voiceover] One advantage of a learning management system…is the ability to store and organize your files online.…Now you can store documents, images, videos and more…and then share them with students…or attach them to assignments and quizzes.…Canvas allows for an online file library…which you can use to enhance assignments…or provide resources for your course.…Another advantage is that, because they're stored…within Canvas on the internet,…you can access them wherever you have…an internet connection.…Now there are three types of file storage in Canvas.…There are personal files, course files, and group files.…
The personal files can be accessed…by clicking on your Account in the global navigation bar,…and then selecting files,…and this will bring you to the folder of your files.…Now this is a very intuitive system,…and you'll notice here that I already have a file…titled Profile Pictures, and that is because,…when I uploaded my profile picture,…it automatically saved that as a file in my account.…So I do have one file in here already.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.