Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Enrolling in the Volume Purchase Program (VPP), part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- The first Apple Deployment program created…was the Volume Purchase Program…or otherwise known as the VPP.…I'm going to teach you how…to enroll in the VPP program right now.…Now, the Volume Purchase Program allows you to set up…multiple Volume Purchase Program only administrators…so that you can spread out the responsibility…of purchasing and distributing apps.…This can help you out a lot…if you have multiple schools…in a school district, for example.…Or if you've got a very large school…with several smaller programs within the school…that want to manage their apps individually.…
In getting started with Server App,…I show you how to use an OS 10 based caching server…to speed up app delivery over your local network…to those individual devices…when apps are sent out using Mobile Device Management,…and when people go out and get apps…while connected to your network on their own.…So, how do you get money into your VPP account…in the first place?…After all, you're buying stuff,…you need to spend money,…and that account has to be filled up.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.