Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Enrolling in the Device Enrollment Program (DEP), part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- The next program I'd like to talk to you about…is the Device Enrollment Program or DEP.…The DEP was designed by Apple…to give an opportunity for adminstrators…to cut the cord with the device they wanted to enroll.…So, if you had thousands of devices before DEP,…you were required to plug those devices…into a configurator station…in order to get them supervised.…Of course, supervision allows for an enhanced level…of administrative control.…
So, institutions really wanted supervision,…but nobody wanted to have…to connect every single device…they were going to manage…up to a single configurator station.…That just doesn't scale…when you're talking about thousands,…tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of devices.…The Device Enrollment Program was designed…to alleviate that need for a USB connection.…It allows over-the-air supervision…and a mechanism for allowing you…to enroll your devices…into a mobile device management solution.…
This is cool because it provides…for a mandatory and lockable enrollment…into your MDM solution,…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.