Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Enrolling in Apple ID for Students, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- To do an iPad 1:1 deployment,…you're going to need to have students with Apple IDs.…And that's fine if your students are over 13 years old,…but if they're under 13 years old,…there's a problem with that,…and that is that people under 13 can't have Apple IDs.…There's a legal requirement…and if you go and try to set up…an Apple ID as an individual…and you select a birth date…that would make you under 13 years old,…system simply won't let you create one.…
So, how do we deal with that problem?…Well, Apple has created a program…for under 13 year old students,…and it's called the Apple ID for Students program.…Let's talk about how you're gonna…go about enrolling for this program…if your school has students under 13.…So, as I said, the program's here…for kids that are under 13 years old,…and it allows schools to help their parents…sign their children up…for a special under 13 Apple ID,…and that Apple ID will become a full fledged,…independent Apple ID that the students can use…from that point forward when they turn 13.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.