Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Devices eligible for Device Enrollment Program (DEP), part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- [Voiceover] Only certain devices sold by Apple…are eligible for over-the-air supervision through…Apple's Device Enrollment Program, or DEP, for short.…If your school already has iPads, you're going to fit…into one of two possible situations.…First, is those who purchased iPads a long time ago,…or purchased them using resellers…or other third-party vendors without…using an Apple Customer Number.…More specifically, if your devices were purchased…before March 11, of 2011, or after that date,…but without the Apple Customer Number,…then your iPads will not appear in the portal…for Apple's Device Enrollment Program.…
This means you won't be able to wirelessly enroll…the iPads into the Device Enrollment Program,…which gives you access to wirelessly supervising them…and getting them into Mobile Device Management.…The second situation is schools who bought their iPads…after March 11, 2011 and bought them…using an Apple Customer Number…Those iPads can be registered into…The Device Enrollment Program.…Let's talk about how you'll deal with that first situation…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.