Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Deploying apps without managing devices, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- All right.…So, in our second scenario that's a little bit off map here.…What if you really want…to have your organization…purchase apps…for your users,…but you don't really care about managing their devices?…This is a really popular idea in a…bring your own device type of scenario,…where management's maybe not such a thing,…you don't necessarily want to…install trust profiles on their devices,…but you've gotta get apps to them…that your institution owns.…Well here's how that works.…
First thing, you need to know is,…You're going to still have to enroll in the…Volume Purchase Program.…But you don't need to enroll in DEP…and you don't have to purchase devices…with your Apple Customer Number.…You're gonna need an MDM solution however,…and that MDM solution, while not aware of your devices,…does have to be aware of your users,…so you can send out invitations to them.…Supervision is not necessary of the device,…so you don't have to worry about Configurator,…and again DEP's not a thing, so that's fine.…
And then, with device management,…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.