The Canvas learning management system allows you the autonomy to customize many of your course settings. The course settings can be accessed in the course activity bar and allow you to set your course name, start and end dates, time zone, and more. You can control much of what the students will see when they access the course, as well as incorporate third party apps, connect your Google Drive account, and more.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll take a look…at how to customize our course settings.…Right now, I'm in my Biology 101 course…and on the left hand side is my Course navigation bar.…Remember that to the left of this…is the Global navigation bar.…But when I'm within a course,…I have the Course navigation bar.…Now, in here, we have a lot of different options.…I'm going to scroll to the bottom and select Settings.…These are my course settings and there are a lot of them.…First are our Course Details that we've already set,…but you can change at any time.…
You can add when you want the course to start and end.…You can adjust the license…of whether you want it to be a private copyrighted course…or public domain,…as well as some other things.…In the next tab, Sections,…you can add sections to this course.…So, in other words,…if I had several sections of Biology 101,…I can add them here.…Simply click Add and it will add them.…For navigation, I can determine…what I want my Course navigation bar to look like.…If I want to move one of these up,…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.