Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and configuring new MDM profiles, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- The next step is managing profiles that will…affect the behavior of your iOS devices.…We do that under MDM in the Profiles area…and then click on Managed Settings,…which is the default profile that comes with the setup.…This automatically applies to all devices…that are currently being managed.…You can rename it, give it a description…and you can allow users to remove the profile…or require a password to remove the profile.…Just for testing purposes here,…I'm going to allow users to remove this profile,…though in a real-world academic setting,…you would of course set a password for profile removal.…
To configure this profile, all we need to do is…click the Edit profile settings button right here.…But we could also go down to MDM…and select Settings right underneath.…Either way works just fine.…Here you can select which profile you're editing,…using the drop-down menu below Mobile Settings.…Here we can configure any of these categories,…from Restrictions all the way through AirPlay.…I'm not going to teach you how to…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.