Within the Canvas learning management system, you can create quiz banks which allow you to create and store assessment questions that you plan to use on future assessments. When creating a quiz, you can easily integrate any questions that you have added to your quiz bank by simply clicking on them and adding them to your quiz. As you create quizzes, each question will automatically be stored in your question bank so that you are able to access it at a later time.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In the previous video, we discussed quizzes…and showed how to set up a quiz from scratch.…In this video, I wanna talk about a great feature in Canvas…that can help simplify the assessment building process…while making your assessments much more organized…and more effective.…This feature is the question bank.…The question bank will allow us to store any questions…that we create to use in future assessments.…Now in order to access the question bank…from any page within the course,…I want to go to the course navigation bar…and click on "Quizzes".…I'm currently already on the "Quizzes" page…from the last video.…
What I need to do is to click…in the upper right hand corner on the gear icon.…From here it says "Manage Question Banks"…and I'll click that.…Once I select this, I'm now on the…"Course Question Bank" page.…You'll notice I already have one question bank…that's in my account.…It's titled "Unfiled Questions".…This isn't a bank that I personally created,…it's one that Canvas automatically created…to save any questions that we created for other quizzes.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.