In order to create an account in the Canvas learning management system, navigate to canvas.instructure.com. On this page you will be able create a new account, or log into an existing account. It is important to note that some institutions use a “self-hosted” version of Canvas. If so, you may have a different URL or a customized log-in page. Check with your school to see if they have a customized version as this can save time by having class lists preloaded improve communication with colleagues using the same version. Once you begin to create a teacher account, a pop-up box will appear, allowing you to enter in your information.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll create a teacher account…in the Canvas learning management system.…First let's navigate to Canvas at canvas.instructure.com.…Here we can create a new account…or log in to an existing account.…Right now I don't have an account yet…so at the top, I'm going to click…on Need a Canvas Account?…From here I'm going to select I'm a Teacher,…and then a popup box will appear…that we need to fill out including some information…such as our organization type, our title,…and I'm going to put teacher in here…as well as our school, name, phone number,…email address, and location.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.