Inside of the Canvas learning management system, you are able to create customized rubrics that you can then attach to any assignments or assessments. For each rubric you are able to enter the different criteria which is being emphasized as well as adjust the proficiency levels to match your district or classroom guidelines.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In an earlier video…on creating course outcomes,…we got to see a glimpse of what a rubric looks like…on the Canvas learning management system.…In this video, we're going to take a look…at how to create our own rubric,…and then attach it to an assignment.…So, in order to do this, I'm going to go…to the course navigation bar,…and click on Outcomes.…From here, in the upper right corner,…I'm going to click on Manage Rubrics.…This takes us to our course rubrics page.…But as you can see, we do not have any…rubrics that are created yet.…So in the upper right I'm going to click Add Rubric,…and here is where we can name it and start customizing it.…
Now remember, if we wanted to find…one of the course outcomes we created,…we could click here.…But I want to create my own rubric.…What I want to do is to recreate…this Orange Valley School Rubric for Papers.…But rather than attaching it as a file to the assignments,…I'd rather build it inside of the Canvas platform.…It will make it much easier to share,…much easier to attach to assignments,…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.