There are a variety of assessments that you can create inside of the Canvas learning management system. You can create practice quizzes which do not count as grades as well as graded quizzes. You can also create graded surveys which award points for completion, as well as ungraded surveys. Within the quiz feature, you are able to create multiple types of quiz questions including multiple choice, true/false, essay questions, and more.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…we'll take a quick look at how to create a quiz…and share it with students inside of Canvas.…Now, inside of my course,…Biology 101, I'm going to go to the course navigation…and click on Quizzes.…Right away, we can see that I have no quizzes available…as we haven't created any yet.…So, in order to create my first quiz,…I'm going to go in the upper right…and click on the plus quiz button.…The first thing I need to do is to title my quiz.…I'm going to title this Genetics Quiz One.…Down below in the text editor,…we can add in any directions for the quiz,…and now we'll go ahead and do that.…
Once I have my directions in,…I'll scroll down and I can select the quiz type.…Now, there are four quiz types.…Practices quizzes are ones that do not count for points,…they're just knowledge checks or practices for the students.…Graded quizzes do count for points,…and when you create a graded quiz it will automatically…be entered into your grade book in Canvas.…We have graded surveys that don't allow you…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.