Pages allow you to deliver information in an organized manner. You are able to create pages and add them to your course. You can add many different elements to a page, including text, images, multimedia and links. This allows the teacher to curate resources, create dynamic pages with a wide variety of presentation types, and then share them with students.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…we'll take a look at how to create a page within Canvas.…Now, pages can act as a powerful resource,…they allow you to create resources,…or information to present to students…by adding media, text, links,…and other things to get a message across.…Now, there's several uses for pages.…In order to access pages,…we go to the course navigation…and click on pages.…Here, you can see that I actually have…one page already created.…In between videos,…I created a biology homepage,…and it's a very simple page that if I click on it…it just says welcome to biology,…and then has a picture of DNA.…
Now, this is important because what I did was…is set this page as the front page.…So, I had the option to set it as the front page,…and we can see here that it is set as that.…Now, in an earlier video when we talked about…setting up this biology course,…we discussed the homepage,…and on the right-hand side,…we were able to choose our homepage.…If I click here,…we had it set at course activity stream,…and if I click save,…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.