One of the biggest advantages of a learning management system, is the ability to create, share, submit, and give feedback on assignments. Inside of Canvas it is easy to create assignments, adjust the setings and then share them with students. Students will then be able to submit work and receive feedback from the teacher regarding these assignments.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In the previous video, we took a look at…how to create assignment groups…and our five assignment groups appear here.…In this video we'll take a look at…how to create an actual assignment.…Now if I were on my dashboard and I selected a course,…so biology 101, we can go to create an assignment…by going to the course navigation bar…and clicking on assignments.…Now this screen may look familiar because this is…where we created our different assignment groups.…Now in order to add an assignment I have two choices,…I can either go directly into the group…that I'd like to create it in and click on the plus symbol.…
This will allow us to setup a placeholder for…that assignment and then we can go in and create it.…What I'm gonna do is go and create the assignment…from scratch, so I'm gonna go in the upper right…and click on plus assignment.…Now when we do this it will bring up a page…in which we first can create the assignment.…We'll give it a name.…In this one I'm going to call it genetics video reflection.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.