Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Conducting a sample Wi-Fi scan, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- Now that you understand a few of the fundamentals…of wireless network design,…I want to show you what this practically looks like…when you are using a WiFi scanning tool…to see what's going on around you.…On the Mac, there are several tools available…but there's one tool…that I like to use called WiFi Explorer.…When WiFi Explorer first comes up,…it will show you a whole bunch of stuff, and here we go.…You'll see, there's a lot of information,…so this could be quite daunting.…
I'm going to walk you through this a little bit at a time.…First of all, right here in the middle…you see you've got a few tabs.…I want you to be on the Channels tab…because this allows us to see…what I've been showing you over the last few movies.…That is the 2.4 gigahertz and the 5 gigahertz frequencies.…Right off the bat you'll notice I've got some networks here…called StudentWiFi.…I've created these networks to show you…how you would properly design the overlap…in a 2.4 gigahertz network.…
Remember, I said there are usually…lots of sources of interference.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.