When creating a new account in the Canvas learning management system, one of the first things to do, is to set up your teacher profile. In this section you are able to add your name, bio, an image and links that you would like associated to your profile account. Adding a profile image and completing the bio can help to provide a personal touch to your account and begin building rapport.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Now that we've created our teacher account,…let's take a look about how to update our profile.…What I'm going to do first,…is in the Global Navigation bar,…I'm going to click on Account,…and from here, I'm going to click on Profile.…Now this is our profile and, as you can see, mine is…blank as of right now.…So, what I'm going to do is,…in the upper right corner click on Edit profile,…and if I hover over the…icon for my image,…you can see that I do not yet have one loaded,…so what I'll do is…I'll click on the pencil symbol…and it will allow me to upload a picture.…
So I'm going to click on Choose a Picture,…and on my desktop I have a picture…that I want to use here.…I can position it where I want…and I'll click Save.…Now, as you can see, I have a picture…associated with my account and this is something…that I highly recommend.…I think it adds a personal touch to your account…and lets you build rapport and connect…more with students as well as parents.…Now, next, I can make sure…that my name is in here and spelled correctly.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.