Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing your iPad model and accessory case, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- When choosing an iPad model for your…iPad 1:1 program, you have a few important…decisions to make.…The first consideration is the intended…app load for your classroom iPads.…If you've watched iPad Classroom Fundamentals…with Lauri Burruss, you know that one of the most…important things to do before buying your iPads…is to understand which apps will be used…in the classroom.…Because iPads have several different…configuration options to choose from,…you need to understand how those options…will affect the usability of the devices…in the classroom.…
At the time of this recording,…you can purchase a 16 gig, 64 gig, or 128 gig iPad.…These measurements refer to the storage capacity…of the iPad.…The color of the hardware doesn't make…any difference to the functionality,…so I'll leave it to you to choose colors…that make sense in your situation.…But black is very common,…Apple calls it Space Gray.…A 16 gig iPad may be the least expensive option,…but it definitely will not provide enough capacity…for your students' work.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.