Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing setup behaviors for devices via MDM, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- Once you've got your apps…all set up and ready to go,…you've assigned your licenses,…you have your profiles set up,…or maybe just one profile...…And you've got your management all in place,…and everything is going to the devices…they're supposed to go to.…Once you've completed the work…in the previous videos,…you'll now want to control the behavior…of the devices that you're going to manage…once they get to the Setup Assistant…after they turn on for the first time.…So, to do that, you select the device.…Put a little checkmark there,…and you click Assign Settings.…
We are here under MDM where it says DEP,…and you'll see your device or devices,…and you can click this checkbox up here…in order to select all of them…or click them individually.…Once you have your devices checked,…click the box that says Assign Settings.…When you do, there's only one option…under settings for creating settings.…The name is the name of the setting.…So, this is going to be called Initial Setup,…and I'm going to add the word Example…since we're using this for teaching purposes.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.