Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing a mobile device management (MDM) solution, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- Our next step in setting you up…is getting you set up with an MDM solution,…or a Mobile Device Management solution.…You've got several choices here to make,…so let's get started.…So first of all, what is Mobile Device Management?…Well, it is exactly what it sounds like.…You're gonna be managing your iPads,…you're going to be either restricting…or enhancing their functionality,…you're going to be sending apps to those devices…based on the users that you've set them up with.…All of this stuff is happening based…on that device's relationship with your organization…because your users are within your organization.…
In our case, very likely a K-12 school.…Alright, so since you're in a K-12 school,…let's talk about costs.…You're going to have to choose something…that fits into your budget.…If you're working in a larger institution,…and you have lots of iPads to manage,…you very likely will be going for a more costly,…higher performance, more scalable solution.…Whereas if you're in a smaller organization…you can afford something that is free…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.