Join Chris Mattia for an in-depth discussion in this video Captioning videos with YouTube, part of Blended Learning Fundamentals.
- In the last video, we created a YouTube channel…and uploaded a video.…Now, let's add captions to our video.…Click on Video Manager to see a listing of all the videos…that you've uploaded to your channel.…Click the Edit button next to the video…that you want to caption…to access the video information and settings page.…Here, we can see all the metadata we entered…in the last movie.…In the top of the Settings window,…click the link for Subtitles and Closed Captions.…If this is your first time captioning a video,…you'll need to set the default language.…
YouTube has attempted to auto-detect…the language of your video…and it should be listed in the drop-down menu.…If not, you can search for the correct one…with the link below.…Select your target language for this video…and if all of your videos will be in this language,…then check the box for Default for New Uploads.…Then click Set Language.…We can now manage the subtitles…and closed captions for this video.…In the right column, you can either add new subtitles…or create or upload your own captions.…
- Understanding blended learning
- Humanizing course materials
- Designing blended courses with Google Apps
- Setting up sharing on iOS and Android devices
- Capturing mobile screenshots
- Recording audio and video
- Creating a YouTube channel for sharing video
- Blending courses with an LMS
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
Teaching Fundamentals: Project-Based Learningwith Dayna Laur41m 50s Appropriate for all
Creative Insights: Renaldo Lawrence on Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence31m 33s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Blending with Google Apps
3. Blending with Mobile
4. Blending with Video
5. LMS and Open Blending
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.