Join Chris Mattia for an in-depth discussion in this video Before watching this course, part of Teaching Techniques: Blended Learning.
- [Voiceover] This course is targeted at teachers who are interested in blending the best of face-to-face and online instruction. The key themes for this course are rethinking the instructional design of traditional courses, promoting student ownership of learning and creating engaging collaboration both in and out of the classroom. To follow along with this course, it would be helpful to have a Google gMail account to access the web-bases applications used throughout this course. We'll touch on a few desktop applications but I've tried to select tools that run equally well on both Mac OS and Windows.
So you can follow along from either platform. We'll explore ways to leverage mobile devices running recent version of iOS or Android. These would include common smartphones and tablets that you and your students likely already have. In the last couple of chapters we'll look at ways to blend the best of your campus learning management system with open systems. We'll avoid the specifics of working in any one particular learning management system and instead, focus on how to use them in a blended context.
For the open tools we'll use an implementation of the Domain of One's Own system that was started at the University of Mary Washington running on stateu.org. To get the most out of this course I'd suggest watching through the entire course with a copy of your own course syllabus. As we explore tools and techniques jot down notes on your syllabus for how you could adapt these same fundamental ideas to your course.
- Understanding blended learning
- Humanizing course materials
- Designing blended courses with Google Apps
- Setting up sharing on iOS and Android devices
- Capturing mobile screenshots
- Recording audio and video
- Creating a YouTube channel for sharing video
- Blending courses with an LMS
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Project-Based Learningwith Dayna Laur41m 46s Intermediate
Creative Insights: Renaldo Lawrence on Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence31m 33s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Blending with Google Apps
3. Blending with Mobile
4. Blending with Video
5. LMS and Open Blending
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.