Inside of the Canvas learning management system you can customize your grading scheme. If you use a grading scale you can personalize the grading scheme so that the different percetnages align with the corresponding letter grade. Canvas makes this process extremely easy to complete. Take the time early on to complete your grading scheme so that any future assignments and assessments are given the correct letter grade.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I want to go over an important…course setting, and that is your grading scheme.…In order to access the course settings again,…on the Course navigation bar,…at the bottom I'll click settings.…Under the tab, it brings us to our Course Details.…I want to scroll down until I see Grading Scheme.…Here I can click the box to enable a course grading scheme,…and in this case, I want to do that.…I'll click here, and then it allows us…to set the grading scheme.…If I click on this, it'll show us…what the current grading scheme is.…It has 94% to 100 is an A.…
90% to 94 is an A minus, and so on.…If this is the one that you want to use,…excellent, but most likely your institution…has a slightly different one.…In order to create a new one,…we can click on the pencil symbol.…We can name it, I'll title this one Orange Valley School,…and then we can begin to make changes.…So here I can type a 93 to 100 is an A…if that's what we do.…Maybe we do not have A minuses.…If there's something you don't have,…you can simply click the X.…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.