Once you have your course created and updated, you are ready to begin adding studens. Inside of the Canvas platform, you are able to add students by entering in their email addresses. Once students are invited into the course, they will receive a confirmation email that they must address before they are allowed access to the courss.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video we'll take a look…at how to add students to our course inside of Canvas.…Now realistically I probably wouldn't add students…at this point in the course.…I'd want to make sure that I have it completely set up.…But in this scenario, for this course…it will be advantageous for me to have students…that I can put into groups and show how we can assign them…either assessments or different assignments.…So let's learn how to add students to our course.…First, I'm on my Dashboard, and I want to click…on the course that I want to add students to.…
In this case, Biology 101, and this is my course page.…Now from the course navigation bar,…I want to select People.…Once I do this, you'll notice that the only person…associated with the course so far is me,…but that makes sense because we haven't…added any students yet.…Now in order to add students, on the right-hand side…we can click on the button that says + People.…This brings a pop-up box up,…and allows us to enter in students.…So they do give us the format they want us to enter them in,…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.