- [Instructor] The Modern Language Association…referencing style, the MLA,…is used mainly in the humanities.…Each referencing style has its own specifics,…along with some general requirements…that all the styles share.…MLA has the author and page of each source, if given,…identified in parenthesis after every reference.…This is called in-text citations.…This short description then points the reader…to the end of the research paper…for the detailed information for each source.…That complete list of sources is labeled "Works Cited".…
The same format is used regardless if the material…is directly quoted or paraphrased.…You want to include this quote from a book in your paper;…the in-text citation gives the author and the book page.…Notice the order: ending quote marks, parenthesis,…authors last name, page number,…no comma between those items, end parenthesis…and then the period to end the sentence.…Only the author's last name and page number are necessary…unless you're using sources from authors…with the same last name: Jame Walters and Samuel Walters.…
- Give examples of descriptive writing.
- Differentiate between descriptive and argumentative papers.
- Identify reliable sources for accurate research.
- Plan your research paper using free writing.
- Develop a thesis statement.
- Create an annotated bibliography using various styles.
- Use transitions to move from one idea to another.
- Create a summary to recap the important points in a paper.
Skill Level Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Research Papers
2. Preparing to Write
3. Writing the Paper
4. Citing Sources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.