- [Narrator] The Chicago style documentation is a more…traditional style used in business.…Actually, two basic documentation formats are possible…within the style.…Footnotes or the author-date in-text citation format…can be used.…A bibliography is used with both formats.…Additionally, even within the footnote format,…three variations are possible.…One is to give the complete footnote information each time.…The second is to give the…complete information the first time,…and then when the same sources is used later,…only an abbreviated version is necessary.…
That abbreviated format would be the same…as the in-text examples given below.…A third variation is to use ibid, op.cit, and loc.cit.…These abbreviations are Latin derivatives.…Ibid means in the same place.…Op. Cit. Means in the work cited.…And loc. Cit. Means in the place cited.…If you want to know more about the Latin abbreviations,…visit the websites given in the general overview.…Those are not discussed in this lesson.…Most Word processing programs have a footnote feature…
- Give examples of descriptive writing.
- Differentiate between descriptive and argumentative papers.
- Identify reliable sources for accurate research.
- Plan your research paper using free writing.
- Develop a thesis statement.
- Create an annotated bibliography using various styles.
- Use transitions to move from one idea to another.
- Create a summary to recap the important points in a paper.
Skill Level Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Research Papers
2. Preparing to Write
3. Writing the Paper
4. Citing Sources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.