- [Instructor] The APA, short for…American Psychological Association, is a documentation style…used mainly in the science area.…The APA format typically uses in-text citations…with the author's last name and the date of the publication…combined with a works cited at the end.…The same format is used regardless if the material…is directly quoted or paraphrased.…In this example, notice that a comma is used…between the last name and the date,…and a comma between the date and the page number…for the in-text citation.…
Notice also that p period is used to identify the page.…Pp period would be used if multiple pages were listed.…If you include the author's name in your actual sentence,…then the date and page are given after the name,…which this example shows.…The works cited page, containing the full source information…at the end of the research paper,…will use the same author and date style.…However, a specific page number is not included.…Here's how that entry would be listed.…If the source has two authors, both, along with the date,…
- Give examples of descriptive writing.
- Differentiate between descriptive and argumentative papers.
- Identify reliable sources for accurate research.
- Plan your research paper using free writing.
- Develop a thesis statement.
- Create an annotated bibliography using various styles.
- Use transitions to move from one idea to another.
- Create a summary to recap the important points in a paper.
Skill Level Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Research Papers
2. Preparing to Write
3. Writing the Paper
4. Citing Sources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.