- [Instructor] Ernest Hemingway said, "It's none of…"their business that you have to learn to write.…"Let them think you were born that way."…So, now I hope you've learned that…what has to happen between not having even…a general idea for your research paper,…and submitting a polished, well-researched,…well-written final project.…Knowing all those steps and stages…and realizing the time and effort involved,…can be overwhelming, and probably won't make…you eager for that next research paper project.…
But, it may help you make the task easier.…Therefore, less stressful.…However, you need to keep the big picture in mind,…as the cliche says, at the end of that writing tunnel.…Then chunk each separate stage or part…into smaller, more manageable elements.…In addition, give yourself enough…time to focus on each step.…If you have been able to choose a topic of interest to you,…you might not only be able to produce…that high quality final paper,…but also you might even actually enjoy…learning more about your topic.…
And appreciate having a research paper…
- Give examples of descriptive writing.
- Differentiate between descriptive and argumentative papers.
- Identify reliable sources for accurate research.
- Plan your research paper using free writing.
- Develop a thesis statement.
- Create an annotated bibliography using various styles.
- Use transitions to move from one idea to another.
- Create a summary to recap the important points in a paper.
Skill Level Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Research Papers
2. Preparing to Write
3. Writing the Paper
4. Citing Sources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.