- [Instructor] Preparing a brainstorming list is…one of the early attempts to determine…what key points you want to consider…including in your research paper.…Start listing any and all of the ideas…that you know or have read about…in any order they come to mind.…Main ideas will be mixed among examples…and major and minor detail and even irrelevant information.…Anything you put on your list is correct,…it's your list, your ideas and your research.…If you are generally a list maker,…this method may appeal to you.…
The disadvantage of this method is that…the ideas are in random order and each will have…to be evaluated as you continue organizing…your research paper.…Let's continue with our homeschooling versus…public schooling research paper idea.…You've read 12 sources and talked with a couple families…with homeschooled children.…A portion of your brainstorming list might look like this.…Flexibility, don't worry about having…to wear certain clothes, disruptions,…flexible schedule, children can progress at own rate,…
- Give examples of descriptive writing.
- Differentiate between descriptive and argumentative papers.
- Identify reliable sources for accurate research.
- Plan your research paper using free writing.
- Develop a thesis statement.
- Create an annotated bibliography using various styles.
- Use transitions to move from one idea to another.
- Create a summary to recap the important points in a paper.
Skill Level Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Research Papers
2. Preparing to Write
3. Writing the Paper
4. Citing Sources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.