Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Why localization, part of Adobe Captivate: Mobile Training Localization.
- [Narrator] In the day and age of globalization whether you are creating an e-learning module or an online training course for your students or the employees in your organization chances are that the learners are spread across geographies. In such cases it's essential to make the training available for everybody in the language that they are comfortable with. You can make your courses available in other languages using the localization process. With localization you can adapt the information presented in the e-learning courses for use in a specific country or region.
Localization is sometimes referred to as translation but it's much more than that. Localization means taking a course and making sure that the content is culturally appropriate and meaningful for the learners in that geography.
- Benefits of localization
- Preparing content for localization
- Using captions
- Using XML
- Modifying TOC, playbar, and quiz properties
- Creating a branched course
- Creating geolocation variables
- Writing a conditional action
- Executing a geolocation script
- Adding states to objects
- Replacing images and videos
- Replacing and synchronizing narration