The xAPI was created to manage the growing needs of training professionals to better capture student engagement and performance. It is not the next generation of SCORM, but an entirely new, event-driven method to capture metrics that wasn’t possible before, allowing for much richer, detailed data to be collected and analyzed to ensure training programs are effective.
- [Instructor] In the before time,…when e-learning was still young and new,…we needed a standard for recording e-learning activity…that would work across systems.…This standard was created…by the Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative…and was called SCORM.…SCORM was a way to record…the state of enrollment or courses.…So when you went to take a course, it was not started.…Then you started it, it became incomplete,…and then you completed it, and it became complete.…
In 2010, at the Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative…was once again tapped to create an updated version of SCORM.…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.