This video explores a working definition of digital learning that's used to frame the course.
- So what is digital learning? Well actually, you're digital learning right now. You're watching a very instructional video on some type of device. You chose to learn in a video format. You chose which course to watch. Thank you for choosing mine. And you chose when you watch it. You'll also determine how quickly you get through it. Here's a working definition of digital learning that I hope will tie together what we talk about. Digital learning is using technology to give choices back to you, the learner.
Choices as to what you learn, how you learn, when and where and at what pace you learn. Digital learning is a shift, and it's happening now. It used to be that the training department in all caps was responsible for insuring employees learned everything they needed to know. But, really, that's impossible. It always was, given how quickly things change. So now employees are taking on more of the responsibility to learn what they need to know, and they're being given more choices in how to go about doing that.
- Digital learning basics
- Leveraging digital learning customizations
- Implementing blended learning strategies
- Digitizing ILT resources
- Using elearning and digital social learning
- Addressing concerns from stakeholders
- Coordinating digital training
- Selecting a digital learning tool