Discover how to design and deliver training programs that engage learners and help them quickly develop new skills.
- If you're watching this video, you probably train employees or are interested in a career in corporate training. You probably also have a few questions. How do I know what to train? What's the best way to design and deliver training? How do I even get started? Hi, my name is Jeff Toister, and I'd like to help you answer all of those questions and more. I'm a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance who has spent an entire career in corporate training. I ran my first train the trainer workshop over 20 years ago, and I continue to mentor new and aspiring trainers today.
In this course, I'm going to give you step by step instructions to quickly design and deliver training programs that get results. First, we'll cover how to identify employee training needs and I'll show you how to determine what is and what is not a training issue. Next, we'll explore a proven model for quickly developing training programs that are highly effective. Finally, I'll share some of my favorite techniques for facilitating classroom training. A lot of training is delivered remotely via webinar these days, so I'll also guide you through adapting your content to webinar delivery.
Many of the videos in this course feature a live train the trainer workshop. This is a real class where I deliver the same content I'm sharing with you. Showing you this live class gives us two big advantages. First, you'll get to see me demonstrate classroom facilitation techniques in a real setting. Second, I want you to observe the participants as they do some of the hands-on exercises. You'll see their creative solutions along with some common challenges that all trainers will encounter.
We've got a lot to cover in this course, so if you're ready, let's get started.
- Identifying employee training needs
- Creating an individual development plan
- Developing learning objectives
- Preparing employees for training
- Evaluating a training program
- Presenting with confidence and clarity
- Facilitating discussions and learning
- Managing breaks effectively
- Delivering training via webinar