Extensions allow training professionals to customize the Object, Result, and Context elements of a xAPI statement to include custom data as required. This can add to the functionality of the statement by extending the data included in the statement for reporting or adaptive learning needs. This video demonstrates how to add extensions to statements to make them more effective.
- [Instructor] Extensions can be used…to add custom information to your statement…to make it better defined and more detailed…and this information can be…almost anything you want.…Extensions can be added to the object,…result, or context elements of the statement.…Now the odd thing about extensions is that…whereas with object and verb IDs…where you have a key being ID…and the value being a fully qualified URL or IRI,…with extensions it's the exact opposite.…The key for the extension property…must be a fully qualified IRI again…almost always a URL.…
You may have noticed a running theme here by now…and the paired value can be just about anything.…Maybe a string, integer, real number, even another object,…whatever information you need added and as always…the URLs do no need to resolve to a working webpage,…but it is a best practice.…This way someone can look up what the property means…and get more information about the values.…So let's look at a couple of examples.…The first example is with the object element…of the statement and for reference,…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.