Learn how to control when elements appear on a slide, set how long they appear on the slide, and adjust object timing in relation to other objects, all using the timeline.
- [Instructor] When we animate objects on a slide…to add visual interest as we did in the previous movie…there's certain timings we can set up over here…under Timing in the Properties pane.…Well if we wanna adjust those timings or even remove…an animation effect and try something else,…we need to access the Timeline.…It gives us full access to the timings…of all the objects including the entire slide…and we can do more with the Timeline…including removing animations…so we can select something different for example.…
And that's what we're going to do in this movie…using our Red 30 new hire orientation project, 0302…if you're catching up.…We left off here on the last slide,…slide 13 with our third image selected…where we chose to have it fly in from the right.…When we go up to preview and play the slide,…we can see those things in action.…There's the animation and they disappear actually…for a couple of seconds.…Why is that?…Well if we open up the Timeline we'll see the answer.…
The Timeline appears at the bottom of our screen…
- Explore how to build, preview, and close projects.
- Create responsive projects.
- Use Fluid Boxes to make your work more flexible.
- Edit master slides.
- Add and program buttons.
- Select the best file format for your project.
- Add closed captions and voiceovers.
- Explore other eLearning platforms, including SCORMs.
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Captivate for Systems Trainingwith Anastasia McCune2h 56m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Captivate Draft: Storyboardingwith Oliver Schinkten37m 38s Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.