Learn what states are. Discover how to change states of an object on a slide based on actions that occur on a slide or other object that will be programmed to trigger the change in state.
- [Instructor] The objects that appear on your slides…here in Captivate can appear in different states.…And this particularly applies to buttons.…For example, a button can sit there on your slide…in its normal state.…But when you move your mouse over it,…called a rollover, it may change to a different state.…And when you click it by pushing down on the mouse button,…that could be another state.…We're going to explore states as we continue…working with our New Hire Orientation project,…Red 30 0305 if you're catching up.…
Did you add the additional see through…or transparent buttons over these items,…Sales and Marketing, Research and Development, E-Commerce?…If we open up our timeline with a double-click,…we can see those, and I've labeled mine as well.…You can see button R-D, button Sales Marketing,…button E-Commerce.…And selecting them shows me in the background…which one is selected.…Now, each of these can exist in a different state.…Same thing for the button that appears on slide one,…our Continue button.…
And we'll see those states when we preview…
- Explore how to build, preview, and close projects.
- Create responsive projects.
- Use Fluid Boxes to make your work more flexible.
- Edit master slides.
- Add and program buttons.
- Select the best file format for your project.
- Add closed captions and voiceovers.
- Explore other eLearning platforms, including SCORMs.
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Captivate for Systems Trainingwith Anastasia McCune2h 56m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Captivate Draft: Storyboardingwith Oliver Schinkten37m 38s Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.