Learn how the Litmos platform allows the account owner to customize the account theme, such as adjusting the color scheme and adding a logo for personalizing and branding your platform.
- [Instructor] In the previous video, we took a look at how to access our account settings. Now in the left hand side of our account settings page, you'll notice some subtabs including profile, theme, Litmos features, and more. In this chapter, we'll take a look at some of these subtabs. In this video, let's take a look at the theme subtab. The themes tab allows you to customize a few of the features regarding the look and layout of your Litmos platform. I'm going to go ahead and click on the theme subtab. And again, this is something that the account owner will have to do. If you're not the account owner, you'll need to talk to them in order to have these changes made.
On this page, we can begin adjusting the theme. Now the first thing is is to adjust the layout. Currently, we have the default horizontal navigation. And with that, you can see that we have these different tabs or categories that appear across the top. I'm going to change that. I prefer to have the vertical navigation. And once I select that, you'll see down here a preview and it shows that these will appear on the left hand side. I like this better. So I'll make that change. We can decide whether we want our course titles to appear as rectangle or square images.
I'll keep this the same. On the right, we can add a logo so we can begin to brand this and customize it. I'm going to click here and it will allow us to choose a file from our computer of our logo. Notice here that there's a maximum file size of 300 kilobytes and they recommend that it's 300 pixels wide by 90 pixels tall. Again, if you need to adjust your logo, you can use a tool like Pixlr, which is a free online editor to open up your image and change the size of it. In this case, I already have an image that I want to use so I'll click on choose file and I'm going to select the KinetEco logo.
And as you can see that logo now appears in here. I'm going to scroll down and there are some other choices that we can make here regarding the learner homepage so what the learners will see. If you'd like to have a banner customized, widgets, and more. And down below we can adjust the layout and the color scheme. So in this case, they have a color scheme set by default and that preview appears here. But we can go ahead and make some changes. Other words, here, I'll change this to white, let's say, and enter that.
In this case then, I'm going to make the text darker. I'm going to change this to a darker green color. Below this is the course player and the course player is what your courses or modules will appear in when the user chooses to view them. So in this case, we can go ahead and make changes here if we want. Actually going to keep mine with these colors. I'll change this to a gold color. And as you can see, that preview over here shows up right away to show me what it looks like.
And I'll keep that green on there. For the login background, we can make a change if we want. It is currently white and that is OK. If we wanted to, we could make that darker. Going to leave it like that. Below that, we have a Favicon so in here, that is the image that will appear when there is a tab. So in other words, up at the top, you can see this tab and currently the Litmos Favicon appears. But if you want to upload your own so that you can brand it and customize it, and have your logo or image appear, you can go ahead and do that.
You can add a custom header, custom footer, some custom CSS. And when you're done, we'll click on save. Now you can see this updates the layout and right here already, I can see that we have some different color schemes as well as on the left we have a different navigation. So that's how you can personalize or customize your theme inside of the Litmos platform.
- Customizing your profile settings
- Roles and permissions
- Email templates
- Creating a new course and learning path
- Uploading and embedding content
- Customizing assessment settings
- Adding additional resources
- Managing users and teams
- Creating customized reports