The Rustici SCORM Cloud provides a de facto reference platform by which SCORM products and xAPI products can be tested and validated. This video walks through setting up a SCORM Cloud account, using SCORM Cloud as your LRS, and setting up your learning record provider, or activity provider, to successfully send and query xAPI statements.
- [Instructor] As part of this course,…we're going to provide you with some example code…to get you started with xAPI right out of the gate,…and to do that, you're going to need…a Learning Record Store.…One of the ones you could use is called SCORM Cloud,…provided by Rustici Software.…In order to get this, you'll need to come up here…to cloud.scorm.com, and go to the sign up page.…Come down here, and click sign up now,…and then enter in your information.…
Down here you can select the level you want.…You're going to want to use the trial.…This is perfectly free and will suffice for anything…we're going to do in this course to help you get started.…Scroll down, of course you should always read…your terms and conditions, click agree.…You can click here if you want to hear more about SCORM Cloud…or more from the folks at Rustici, and then hit submit.…And that's it.…Now you've got a Learning Record Store…and you're ready to get started.…So we're going to come down here to xAPI LRS.…
Here are some endpoints.…They've already created some endpoints for you.…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.