Learn how to adjust application default settings to suit the needs of the project, such as quiz, recording, and project settings for moving forward.
- [Instructor] With every project you create here…in Captivate 2019 there are certain default settings apply.…Known as preferences.…And these preferences can be adjusted one time…to affect the entire project as you move forward.…For example here in our responsive project…that we've already started, Red 30 zero two zero four,…if you're catching up.…If we go over to properties with it selected up here…on the ribbon you can see down below for example…that the slide duration is set to three seconds.…
We didn't choose that,…that's just one of those default settings or preferences.…So if we were to preview our project…without interrupting those timings…automatically every slide would just simply appear…for three seconds before moving on to the next.…Well, that's one of the preferences of many…that we can adjust.…And we access them here in a Windows computer…from the edit menu.…You'll click edit and you'll see preferences…down at the bottom, shift + f8, the keyboard shortcut.…On a Mac you go up to Captivate,…up here in the top left corner to find preferences…
- Explore how to build, preview, and close projects.
- Create responsive projects.
- Use Fluid Boxes to make your work more flexible.
- Edit master slides.
- Add and program buttons.
- Select the best file format for your project.
- Add closed captions and voiceovers.
- Explore other eLearning platforms, including SCORMs.
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Adobe Captivate for Systems Trainingwith Anastasia McCune2h 56m Intermediate
Captivate Draft: Storyboardingwith Oliver Schinkten37m 38s Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
7. New Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.