xAPI statements must be sent to an LRS to be recorded and reported on. There are four steps required to send a xAPI statement. These are simple and straightforward steps that can provide a firm foundation for using xAPI in training products. This video demonstrates the four steps in practice on a simple example webpage.
- So let's take a look at a functional example of a web page…using the four steps to send an xAPI statement.…In this case we have a very simple webpage…with a single button on it…that right now is not going to do much.…The reason for that is if we look here at step one,…define the LRS and credentials.…We don't have any information.…We don't have the end point, the user information…or the password, so we need to get that.…We can get that from SCORM Cloud.…So I'm going to hit submit, log in.…
Once I'm logged in,…I'm going to come down here to xAPI LRS,…click on that.…First thing I need on my end points.…In this case, I'm going to use the sandbox end point…for the SCORM Cloud.…I'm going to put that information right here.…Now this is my information that we're using,…so when you get your account,…you'll have different user information.…You'll have a different url for your sandbox.…Then I'll have for mine.…Next thing we need are the user id and password.…We get that by clicking on activity providers.…
The key is the username,…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.