Reporting quiz results with xAPI statements allows for very granular data collection. This can include the response selected by the user, but it can also include custom information provided by the quiz to correlate with other data points to see important trends in student activity and engagement. This video explores using Result Extensions and collecting which quiz answers users are selecting.
- [Narrator] In this lesson, we're going to take a look…at using the Experience API to collect quiz data.…Now in this sample, we have one question,…and it's admittedly, kind of a silly question,…but it helps us get the point across.…So the first thing I'm going to do is refresh the page.…It's going to ask for my name and again,…it's asking for my name because I'm not connected to a…learning management system or any system that I would…have to log into where I would have any user identification.…So the only method I have to identify my actors…is well, to ask him.…
So it asks what color's the first car…that almost hits Koro the llama…from our Caminandes video series.…Selections are "red", "green", "blue", and…"sort of an off white/eggshell sort of thing".…I like that answer, so I'll click it.…And then I'm going to hit submit.…It says my answer has been submitted.…So let's go take a look.…I don't have any statements yet, let's refresh.…And here's the statement, Anthony answered…the xAPI video quiz.…
If we take a look at the statement,…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.