xAPI statements can be extended to include information about student activities at an arbitrarily granular level. This can include not only that a particular student played a video, but also what segments were played. This can be vital for reporting and correlating with other data points to see if your students are actually watching the videos. This video demonstrates how to begin using extensions in your statements to gather this information.
- [Instructor] This time, we're going to take a look…at another page showing video and we're going to send…an xAPI statement with a little bit more information…but we're going to send it a little differently this time.…So let's take a look at how this one works.…Going to go ahead and refresh the page.…My name is still Anthony so I'm going to type that in.…I'm going to hit play and we'll let this play.…We can see it's here.…If I come back to my learning records store and hit refresh…there's no new statements.…
Hmm...…Let's take a look at what's going on here, so let's hit…pause, now if I come to my learning records store…and hit refresh I have another new statement here.…This one was created just now and again, Anthony played…Caminandes 1 Llama Drama, let's take a look at this one.…We have the same actor from last time Anthony at example.com…we have the same verb played, and we have the same object…01 llama drama 480p, but now we have this new section…results, what's happening here is the statement was sent…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.